Sunday, September 23, 2012

I think the inside is looking pretty good.

No, I haven't completely polished the front matter yet. But the body and back matter is corrected, as far as comments that I received from my proofreaders go. Whew! And of course, as I was making those changes I discovered some other areas that needed attention. For instance, my capitalization for "king," "queen," and "prince" was wildly inconsistent when the term wasn't being used as part of their name. (E.g., "The king paced back and forth." To capitalize or not? I had it both ways. And had not noticed it at all until now. Yipes.)

Does chaos theory have something to say about all this? I'm thinking of Jurassic Park, where the scientist (as I recall) assures the park builder that SOMETHING WILL GO WRONG BECAUSE IT'S ALL TOO COMPLEX. Is my book doomed to have some errors, just because? I am starting to suspect so. Still, I'll get all the ones I can.

Next up is the front matter and the cover. Check in next week to find out how close I am to publication!

No comments:

Post a Comment