Sunday, July 1, 2012

First view of the cover

Image ©iStockphoto.com/Nikada
What I wanted to do this week was select a cover photo.

What I did this week was mock up six different covers, using six different photos, and showed them to seven different family members, asking for their input, which they gladly gave me.

With the feedback and my own opinions, I was able to eliminate three of the covers easily. But not everyone liked the same one, and there were drawbacks to them all. It was tough to decide. The image I finally went with is the one you see above, and the cover is still very much a work in progress.

Now I need to learn how to size the image correctly (needs to be 300 dpi, needs to be inserted into the cover at full size), flatten the images, include the back cover and spine, make it into a PDF, etc. etc. Step by step, I'll get there.


No comments:

Post a Comment