Sunday, October 14, 2012

Armageddon sic a disol book

What? You haven't read The Ship With the Flat Tire by Todd Hunt?*

Moving right along... The second proof arrived on Wednesday.** On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, I read it all again and marked errors. Yes, I'll need to upload both the interior and cover files again. That is all.

I mean it. That is ALL. Once I correct the files and re-upload them, there will be NO third proof copy headed my way. That's right, I have reached the point of Author's Denial, aka "I Refuse To Tinker Anymore." The book isn't perfect. It will never be perfect. I think I've caught the most egregious stuff. There were only a couple of actual typos in this proof; mostly I was moving commas or tweaking words. Much of it still makes me smile, even reading it over for the umpty-umpth time. What more can I ask?

So--this week I fix the files, look over the final PDF and JPEG very carefully, re-upload them, wait for the acceptance, and then PUSH THE BUTTON, BETH. Look for it.
___________________

* You should (if you can find it--it was published in 1967); it's really funny. It also might help you decode the title of the post, although that shouldn't be too hard anyway.

**By US mail, not UPS like last time. Curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment